Francis of Malvern Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (collectively referred to as Francis of Malvern, “we” or “us” in this policy)
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Francis of Malvern and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Francis of Malvern is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our stores, use your mobile device or go online, provides you with information about:
• How we use your data
• What personal data we collect
• How we ensure your privacy is maintained
• Your legal rights relating to your personal data.
How we use your data
Francis of Malvern (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
• To provide goods and services to you
• To make our tailored website available to you
• To manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us
• With your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers, products and services which we think may interest you
• For market research purposes – to better understand your needs
• To enable Francis of Malvern to manage customer service interactions with you
• Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
Sharing data with third parties
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
Francis of Malvern only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Francis of Malvern and to you and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Francis of Malvern will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as
set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
• Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are
required to do so
• To comply with our legal obligations
• To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases)
• For the protection, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders and
• For the protection of our employees and customers.
Francis of Malvern uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you
postal mail to update you on the latest Francis of Malvern Sales and Events.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
• Changing marketing preferences via your Francis of Malvern account
• Contacting Francis of Malvern via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention
periods may apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 10 years.
What personal data do we collect?
Francis of Malvern may collect the following information about you:
• Your Name and contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers
(including mobile numbers) and email address
• Purchases and orders made by you
• Your communication and marketing preferences
• Your correspondence and communications with Francis of Malvern.
What you can do to help protect your data
Francis of Malvern will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an
email claiming to be from Francis of Malvern asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
You have the following rights:
• The right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time.
• The right to ask us to update and correct any out of date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free
• The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Legal basis for Francis of Malvern processing customer personal data
Francis of Malvern collects and uses customer’s personal data because it is necessary for:
• The pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below)
• The purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a
• Complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing
communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we
will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Francis of
• Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
• Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
• Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
• Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behavior and prosecuting offenders,
including working with law enforcement agencies
• Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
• Managing insurance claims by customers
• Protecting Francis of Malvern, its employees and customers by taking appropriate legal action against third
parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Francis of Malvern
• Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions against Francis of Malvern
• Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
?What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer or other devices (such as smart ‘phones
Our website cookies collect information concerning browsing and purchasing behaviours.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies.
However, in general, the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.